My poor sweet baby had to spend 2 nights at the hospital. He presented with a fever last Monday morning and of course since he was under 45 days old that warranted him a hospital visit. I knew if I called the Dr they would send me to the ER (which terrified me) but how do you not call the Dr and be a responsible parent. We spent all day Monday in the ER until we got a room on the floor. They took blood and urine to test for infection which both ended coming back negative (Thank God).
I was SO thankful they did not do an IV! Levi was eating good and no signs of dehydration so I asked to hold off.
Super emotional experience for me being on the other side of the fence. I'm use to being the one on the hospital side doing the poking and prodding. I was thankful the hospital staff was very kind and gentle to my baby.
He ended up having a virus and fighting it off himself. Thursday morning he broke out in a rash which only confirmed the presence of a virus.
The hospital staff just adored him. They don't get a lot of pediatric patients because most of them go down to Little Rock. So Levi got lots of attention
So CUTE! He was a modal patient.


So happy to hear he is ok! Yes very hard! I remember my sweet Nora at 3weeks getting blood, IV and spinal taps! So glad they did not do a full septic w/u on Levi!
ReplyDeletePoor little guy! I'm so glad he's okay! Give him some love for us!
ReplyDelete