Friday, November 23, 2012

Silvey Thanksgiving

Our first Thanksgiving in Arkansas. We had a great day! Chad had off from school so he was able to hang out with us all day long :) 
I am so thankful I have a hard working man. CRNA school
 has proven to be a test of perseverance. Chad is working very hard mentally and physically. I am thankful he has enough energy left over to bless his family.
I am also thankful for a cheerful, happy, and healthy little boy. He puts a smile on my face endlessly.  

We started the day off by watching the Macy's Parade. 
Lukas loved the music and danced all around the room.


Lots of Thanksgiving kisses were given. Such a happy boy. 


 With the awesome pack Grandma Simonton gave us we were able to go on a hike. It was beautiful to see all the fall sites and colorful leaves. Lukas liked seeing all the sites from up high on daddy's back. 


Silvey Family Hike 



 Playing in the park time! Lukas loves the park.


 Slide time! 



 Thanksgiving dinner consisted of: Stuffed mushrooms, little smokies smothered in BBQ sauce and deviled eggs for an appetizer. Then green bean casserole, sweet sausage herb stuffing, horseradish sour cream mashed potatoes, the best orange cranberry sauce I've ever had (and made too), and of course the turkey. We soaked the turkey overnight in a orange rosemary brine. Then coated it in an orange, rosemary butter.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment