What an amazing 9 month journey. I feel like it flew by, which made it TONS easier. I was scheduled to be induced on Levi's due date, May 28th, and was very nervous of the induction process because of my labor experience with Lukas. I have had lots of pre-labor anxiety and have been praying that God would allow the process to be smooth and he would take care of everything. God totally answered prayers.
The night of May 22nd i went for a good 3 miles walk and never anticipated waking up at 12am with strong contractions. I had a feeling these were no Braxton hicks so i grabbed my heating pad and tried to sleep through some of them, knowing i'd need my rest. Of course Lukas had not been feeling good and woke me up at 2am. I rocked him back to sleep and then again tried to get some sleep. I woke up at 4am and started to prepare for the long day ahead. By 5am Lukas was up again and watching VeggieTales, I was showered, and bags packed. Chad had already left for the hospital do to a heart case and said to call him if i needed him. He was pretty nervous when i told him i was having contractions and they were getting stronger, so i don't think he was really thinking clearly.
By 630 I had send out some work emails and had been counting my contractions for over an hour. They were 3-5 min apart and 30-60 sec long. A dear friend from church and also a CRNA, Lauren, text me at 630 asking how i was doing. Of course Chad had informed the hospital that his wife might be in labor. By 715 the hospital sent Chad back to pick me up.
I got my epidural at 9ish.... Just in time too!! The contractions were getting stronger and stronger. I was progressing on my own!!! No induction!! Praise GOD. Lauren stayed by my side the whole time and ensured i was pain free... with drugs and her company. Talk about personal CRNA care. I progressed nicely and by 230 i was 9.5 and waiting on my water to break. Before Lauren left and i started to push, she gave me a bolus of medication and i felt NOTHING. It was awesome.
Levi Wayne Silvey was born at 4:14pm on May 23, 2013. He weighted 7pounds and 2ounces and was 20.25 inches long.
I feel like God set the whole situation up. He lead us to a church group with amazing people who are also CRNA's and care about Chad and his family. They helped with my care, sent Chad home to get me, went and picked up Shannon in Memphis, helped with Lukas, and of course prayed for our family. God helped with my labor and anxiety.
Aunt Shannon was able to come and help. She was about to get on a plane to Bentonville when i called and told her i was in labor. She was able to change her flights around and board a plane to Memphis. Chad dropped me off at the hospital and then left to go get Shannon. A friend and CRNA Jeremy (Lauren's husband) just happened to get off work early (9am) and offered to go get Shannon. He intercepted Chad and sent Chad back to the hospital with me. Again, God took care of us and allow it all to work out. Shannon was here to help with Lukas and myself.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment