Thursday, July 19, 2012

Poor in $, Rich in Spirit

I caught myself laughing yesterday at something most people don't laugh about. Chad and I are POOR. Yes, in the money department, but you know what... God has given me a peace about it. He has also showed some humor and blessings in the matter. 

First off, I have the most amazing job! It provides enough for our needs and I still get to be a stay at home mom. God knew my heart and knew our needs when he provided this job.

Tiny little apartment - less house to clean, cheaper utilities, only so many places for Lukas to hide, and gets me out of the house more. lol
Tiny little kitchen - I get to bump butts with my husband every time we cook together. 
Ugly teal green carpet - Spill anything on it... who cares, you can't tell. 
A Can of salmon - What can you do with a can of salmon?? Well lots of things i'm finding out. I'll be posting some recipes soon. Salmon chowder with homemade biscuits.... sounds good to me.
No Cable TV - Ensures Lukas won't see inappropriate things on TV. Has opened my eyes to how exciting reading a good book is! I've started reading more to Lukas. AND now instead of Chad and I vegging out infront of the TV, we veg out and look at each other. :) You really get to know a person when you're not distracted. 
No New Clothes - well there are those items in my closet I don't wear as often. I've really had to explore my existing inventory and make fun combinations. I've also found a great thrift store and if you go on certain days items are only a dollar!


God reminds us in Matthew 6:31-34, not to worry about food, clothing, or tomorrow. He takes care of us. He provides for those who serve him. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this! all these things you posted are so true! I love the "bump butts" you are so awesome

    ReplyDelete